Scale Latemodel Rules:
image for website
- All cars must have a wrecker hookup cable on
the front of the car.
- No communication systems permitted
electronic (radios) or otherwise (pit boards).
- Drivers must wear a flame retardant uniform,
shoes and gloves.
- Drivers must sear a Snell SA/K2005 (at a
minimum) approved helmet.
- Cars should have a fire extinguisher mounted
within drivers reach (not required).
- Window nets are highly recommended.
- Mirrors are not permitted.
- Computer controlled suspension are
- Traction control not permitted.
- Four (4) cylinder factory stock
specification engine only.
- Engine displacement not to exceed 1400cc.
- All engines must be natural aspirated.
- One (1) spark plug per cylinder maximum.
- Four (4) valves per cylinder maximum.
- Stock factory injection systems only - no
- Cylinder bore size increase permitted.
- Heater permitted - muffler required.
- No titanium crankshafts, connecting rods.
- Rear most of engine may not sit further back
than the front of the cockpit.
- Fuel management, power commander and oil
pump modifications are permitted.
- Traction control devices are not permitted.
- Remote control engine components are not
- Gasoline or alcohol permitted.
- Nitrous oxide, nitro-methane, propylene
oxide or oxygenated fuels will not be
- Fuel lines not permitted to pass through the
- Only one (1) fuel pump and one (1) fuel
regulator permitted and must be mounted at the
IV. Battery and Starter:
- All cars must be electric starting.
- Battery must not be located in the driver
- Steel battery box must be secured with two
horizontal mounts and one vertical mount (no
- Battery disconnect switch must be located
within the drivers reach.
V. Transmission - Drivershaft - Rear Axle:
- Multi piece single driveshaft permitted.
- Rear wheel drive cars only - no front wheel
drive - no four wheel drive.
- Carrier bearings permitted (safety).
- Drivershaft safety loop located adjacent to
the drivers compartment required.
- Transmission must be of stock Suzuki factory
- Transmission must be integral to the engine.
- All cars must have a functioning clutch.
- Quick change rear end permitted.
- Live axle rear ends are not permitted.
- Independent rear suspensions are not
permitted - solid axle rears only.
VI. Tires and Wheels:
- Aluminum or steel rims only.
- 10 inch maximum wheel width.
- Any brand tires permitted.
- Any compound permitted.
- Chemically altered tires are not permitted.
- 78" maximum tire circumference.
- All wheel studs must have lug nuts
- No knock-off wheels, stud type with lug nuts
- No straight front axles.
- Any brand shocks permitted.
- Steel or aluminum shocks permitted.
- Adjustable shocks permitted.
- Coil-over shock/spring arrangements
- No computed controlled suspension
- No titanium suspension/chassis components
- Hydraulic brake system required - no
mechanical brake systems.
- Must have four (4) wheel braking system.
- Disc brake systems only - no drum brake
- Right front electric shut off permitted.
- Steel rotors only - no titanium or carbon
fiber rotors permitted.
- Late Model type, full bodied cars
only. On wedge bodies.
- All body panels must be solid - no holes,
gaps, slots or louvers.
- 36" Front fender and door height.
- 36" maximum rear quarter panel length
measured from the center line of the rear.
- 2" minimum ground clearance.
- Rear deck not to extend beyond quarter
- Top to bottom of quarter panel must extend
to the rear of the deck.
- No ridges, fins or raised edges with the
exception of bead rolls.
- 38" maximum deck height at all points.
- Fenders and hood must be level with the
ground and level from side to side.
- Quarter panels not to extend above the deck.
- Deck must extend between both quarter
- Quarter panels and doors may not be concave
- Skirting may not extend beyond the quarter
- 62" maximum body width measured at the top
of the deck.
- 72" maximum body width at the bottom of the
doors measured at the center of the car.
- 65" maximum width at the rear of the quarter
panels - bottom to top.
- No sharp or jagged edges or outward facing
- No wings or tunnels permitted under the
- Aluminum or Lexan type spoilers permitted.
- Spoiler height 8" maximum and spoiler width
60" maximum. Spoiler may not be
- Maximum three (3) spoilers supports - One
each side and One in the center.
- Side spoilers must be mounted at the rear of
the deck and be flush with the quarter panel.
- Spoiler sides must taper downward evenly
from rear towards front.
- Maximum spoiler side length 18" at base 22"
maximum overall and maximum spoiler height 8".
- Spoiler and side spoilers must be mounted at
the rear of and on the deck.
- One (1) additional 1" wide open spoiler
brace is permitted.
- No driver adjustable spoilers.
- No other spoiler or wings.
- Nose pieces to be manufactured molded
- 15" minimum nose piece from bottom of nose
piece to start of sheet metal.
- 48" maximum nose piece extension measured
from center of front hub.
- 36" maximum fender height.
- Plastic front fender flares must be molded
manufactured plastic only.
- Plastic fender flares can extend beyond body
side two (2) inches.
- Plastic fender flares may extend above the
fender top three (3) inches.
- 38" Minimum roof length and 38" minimum roof
- 40" maximum roof length and 40" minimum roof
- 47" minimum roof height measured measured
- 50" maximum roof height measured from
- Roof must be mounted near the center of the
- Roof line and side window contours must be
- Rear and front roof supports are mandatory.
- Roof may contain up to (2) 0.500 high molded
- Rear roof supports must taper downward from
outside edge of roof to the deck.
- Rear roof support bow-out two (2) inch
- Rear roof support width measured at the top
13" maximum and 10" minimum.
- Rear roof support panel width measured at
the bottom 32" maximum and 25" minimum.
- Rear roof support side panel must be a
minimum of 10" high.
- Rear window may be solid or open no more the
- Front roof support panels must match and
rear support panels must match.
- Front roof posts must extend forward to the
rear of the hood.
- Front roof support may not exceed two (2)
inches along length of support.
- Front roof support base may not exceed nine
- Two (2) inch maximum roll down permitted
along the rear to front of roof.
- Cockpit must cover driver area completely
with no openings.
- Belly pans not permitted. Oil pan skid
plate is permitted.
- Wings, tunnels or are deflectors of any type
are not permitted under the decking.
- Air cleaner scoop no to exceed one (1) inch
away from the air cleaner at any point.
- Cooling holes in nose permitted. No
other nose panel modifications.
- Door to door measurement must not exceed 66"
inches at the top of the doors.
- Door to door measurement must not exceed 72"
inches at the bottom center of the door.
- Door may not exceed 36" inches in height
when measured from the ground to the top of
- Doors may not break inward.
- Quarter panels must not exceed 46" inches
from the center line of the rear hub to the
furthest top point of quarter.
- Quarter panels must not exceed 40" inches
from the center line of the hub straight back
to rear of quarter.
- Rear width from quarter to quarter must not
exceed 65" inches at any location.
- Maximum height from ground to top of quarter
must not exceed 39" inches.
- Minimum of two (2) inches of clearance
between tire and body required.
- Full tubing magnetic steel frame cars only.
- Wheelbase must be 80" minimum.
- Wheelbase must be 82" maximum.
- All main frame rails to be constructed of a
minimum of 1.500 inch round tube.
- All main frame material to be a minimum of
0.063" material thickness.
- All main frame material must be 4130
chrome-moly or DOM.
- No holes may be cut into main frame rails.
- All other chassis driver cage material
should be 1.250" diameter and minimum 0.063"
- All cars must have a horizontal driver cage
safety bar (NASCAR bar).
- Rear bumper and fuel dell safety loop
- Rear bumper must be at least as wide as the
- No external rub rails.
- Bumper to be rounded and directed toward the
front of the car.
- Fuel cell safety loop must extend to at
least the bottom of the fuel cell.
XI. Fuel Cell:
- Fuel cell container must be constructed of
minimum 20 gauge steel or 0.060" aluminum.
- Fuel cell must be mounted in a minimum of
two (2) 2" x 0.125" thick steel straps around
- Square tube (0.750) constructed frame twice
around entire cell will be permitted.
- Fuel cell frame must be constructed of steel
- Minimum of four (4) 7/16" bolts to secure
fuel cell frame to chassis (weight clamps
- Fuel cell pickup tube to be located at the
top of the cell, no side exit pickup tube.
- Fuel dell must be a minimum of four (4)
inches in front of the rear bumper safety
- Car number decal (6") must be displayed on
the rear of the fuel cell.
- Fuel cell must be located behind the driver
- Fuel cell must be located behind the center
line of the rear axle and between the rear
- Fuel cell may not be mounted lower than the
rear bumper safety loop.
XII. Role Cage:
- 4 post design to be constructed of a minimum
of 1.500" x 0.065" material thickness minimum.
- Roll cage to have a minimum of three (3)
horizontal driver side cage bars.
- Roll cage to have a minimum of two (2)
horizontal passenger side cage bars.
- Door bars should be a minimum 1.250 x
- Both doors to remain unblocked by cage bars.
- Front window bars are required.
- Roll cage to extend forward to protect the
foot box area of the driver.
- All cage tubing to be fully welded - no
partial weld chassis - no bolt together
- All roll cage material must be magnetic.
XIII. Weight - Ballast:
- Total weight of the car with driver after
any race must be a minimum of 1350 lbs.
- No fuel burn off weight break.
- All ballast must be secured with two (2)
0.500" grade 5 bolt minimum.
- All ballast must be attached below the body
- Any car that loses any weight / ballast will
be subject to penalty.
- All ballast must be positioned within the
main frame rails.
- Solid ballast only, no pellet or liquid type
- Driver controlled weight adjustment is not
XIV. Seat - Belts:
- Driver seat must be aluminum or carbon fiber
and designed specifically for racing.
- Seat must be located left of the center of
the car and attached to the frame of the car.
- Full containment recommended but not
- Steering wheel must be equipped with a quick
- All ignition and battery controlled switches
must be within reach of the driver.
- Five (5) point seat belt mounting with quick
- Seat belt dating must not exceed five (5)
- Wire mesh rock guard screens permitted and
must be a minimum of 0.090 thick and securely
- Numbers must be a maximum of three (3)
digits and one letter.
- No fractional numbers.
- Numbers must be at least 18" high.
- Number graphic material must be a minimum of
two (2) inches wide.
- Numbers must be on both sides of the car and
on the roof.
- All numbers must be visible and legible.
- Number must be located on the right front of
the nose and be 4 x 4 minimum.
If you have questions about your car qualifying
for these rules, any driver or pit crew member
has till 7:00pm to ask tech inspector to check
All drivers under the age of 18
MUST have signed waver by parent or
REFER TO THE
GENERAL RULES FOR ALL OTHER RULES.
ON THE FIRST
NIGHT OF POINTS ALL RULES WILL APPLY! NO
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein
are designed to provide for the orderly conduct
of racing events and to establish minimum
acceptable requirements for events. The
rules shall govern the conduct of all events,
and by participating in these events, all
participants are deemed to have complied with
these rules. No expressed or implied
warranty to safety shall result for publication
or compliance with these rules and/or
regulations. They are intended as a guide
for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a
guarantee against injury to the participant,
spectator, or official. The race director
shall be empowered to permit deviation from any
of the specifications herein or impose any
further restrictions that in his opinion do not
alter the minimum acceptable requirements.
No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall
result from such alteration of
specification. Any interpretation of these
rules is left to the discrepancies of the
officials. Their decisions are final.
Anyone causing disturbance at the track such as
fighting, blocking the track, etc., will be
subject to 1 or 2 week suspension or a fine of
$300.00 or both. They will also be
responsible for all physical or property damage
from such disturbance to himself or
others. A fine of $300.00 levied and paid
before person(s) will be allowed on MARION
CENTER SPEEDWAY premises. Fine payment
will be added to the point fund. The track
officials will govern disturbance on a
No dogs will be permitted into the pits unless
they are service animals only.